A UNIQUE OPPORUTNITY FOR DRIVER’S EDUCATION AT VOYAGER ACADEMY!
Thanks to some help from one of our parents, we will be able to offer a one week, 30 hour private drivers ed course for Voyager Students. This is a fee-based program with an exceptional discount offered for our families. Regular private course costs $540 and we are partnered with a firm to offer the same program, including eye exams, for under $400. Please see the attached information. Seats are first come, first served, so please send in your signed registration as soon as possible.
UPDATED CARE AND CARLINE INFO:
Arrival/Dismissal and Care program:
- The morning sibling drop-off in the elementary school will work exactly like it did this year, the only difference being the change in location. Sibling drop off this year took place in the MS, and before care staff was present in the MS gym to help monitor these students at the beginning of carline. Next year, as elementary carline opens, a before care staff member will be in the ES gym at 7:15am to monitor the (MS student) siblings in the until 7:45am. At7:45am, before care staff will walk the MS students to the MS over.
Before School Care
- Before school care will take place in the HS from 6:45am-8:00am.
- ES Carline from 7:15 – 7:45/MS Carline from 7:45 – 8:15
- HS students may arrive at 6:45 AM and will go to a designated classroom for Before School Care
- The HS will open to all students at 8:00 AM
After School Care
- Pick up for ES and MS After School students will take place at the HS after 4:15
- Pick up for ES before 4:15(3:15 – 4:15) at ES
- Pick up for MS before 4:15(3:45 – 4:15) at MS
BYOD REMINDER FOR STUDENTS GRADES 8-12
Dear 8-12th grade parent,
This is a reminder that grades 8-12 are transitioning to a Bring Your Own Device Program for the 2016-17 school year. Students in these grades will be required to provide their own computers for use in school and home. A letter announcing this change was originally sent home on April 8th. The full text of this letter, with minor revisions, is below:
Starting in the 2016-17 school year, Voyager will be moving to a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) model for student computing in grades 8-12. This means that students and their families will provide, own, and maintain their own computers for use in school and at home. Voyager will no longer provide devices to students, except in cases of demonstrated financial need. We believe that this is the correct strategy for sustaining a student computing program that has become essential to instruction and learning at Voyager.
We have outlined the details and expectations of the program below.
- Every student in grades 8-12 has a personal computing device.
- Each student brings his or her fully-charged device to school each day. This is considered a part of general preparedness to learn.
- Voyager maintains a sufficient pool of short-term loaner devices.
- The BYOD program is not a barrier to learning. If a student’s family is financially unable to provide a device, Voyager will provide one to the student.
For the full BYOD program policy, please visit this link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FkW0hEHX94wsDqSt1kZLREhG9ZyQAQX9MllBRB5kT9Q/pub. This policy is also available on the website. Go to the Documents and Forms page under the Schools menu, then search for “BYOD”.
The requirements for student computers are not extensive, but they are important. You will find a “BYOD Student Computer Purchasing Guide” on the website, also on the Documents and Forms page. Please be sure that your child’s device meets the requirements. Direct link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iN-3bazLcozLrSYKp4ru3-BH7KBcbLcOe7tyxO7AFsg/pub
If you are unable to financially provide a device for your student(s), please contact Managing Director Jennifer Lucas directly firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reach out to us with any questions.