What is Career and College Promise?
Career and College Promise (CCP) is North Carolina’s dual enrollment program, in which students may take community college courses while enrolled in high school. Voyager Academy High School students who qualify, may enroll in courses at Durham Technical Community College (DTCC). Tuition is free.
What does CCP offer high school students?
Students may choose among two pathways, each offering different opportunities:
- On the College Transfer Pathway, students may acquire university transfer credit, up to and including an associate degree.
- On the Career and Technical Education Pathway, students may work toward or acquire certification in various industries such as Computer Networking, Paralegal, Transportation Technology, Entrepreneurship, Medical Assisting, Web Developer, Spanish Language Facilitator, Criminal Justice, Emergency Medical Science, and more (click here for the list of certifications and diplomas).
What are the minimum requirements?
Is there a testing requirement?
Students must get a minimum score on any of the following placement tests:
- NCDAP (offered for free on a walk-in basis on the DTCC campus)
Testing requirements for the Career and Technical Education Pathway (click here).
Testing requirements for the College Transfer Pathway (click here).
Who may apply?
- 2nd semester sophomores
- 1st semester Seniors
How does a VAHS student apply?
- Complete your portion of CCP Verification Form (click here).
- Present the form to the VAHS School Counselor (as soon as possible), to express interest.
- Please click here to continue your initial steps for Career and College Promise enrollment and registration
Please click here for the overall description of Career and College Promise from
Durham Technical Community College